michellesnoopy Instagram

Thursday, May 22, 2014

This Is All I Know, Malaysians

Hola!

Dear all,

This is a political post that I'm about to share. Though I rarely write about political issues, today, I have the urge to express myself as a Malaysian. And I'll tell you what I know.


#1. I'm been noticing friends in Facebook posting/sharing too much of political posts and comments and statuses either about the government or the oppositions or anything-that-can-relate-to-Malaysia's-politics. And you try to kinda "dig and expose" Malaysia's dirty little secrets regardless about the politicians themselves, the dead, the sons, the daughters, the great grand daughters or even the politician's daily food intake (geeez..dramatik giler). You love your dear country and hence you NEED the world to know every single detail, I get it. Don't we all love our country? 


#2. I felt very very offended (don't know since when) that nowadays some of my friends people started saying "..that Malays lah" or " si Cina tu...". I don't get it. Why should it be labels of 'Malay', 'Chinese', 'Indian'? And all those political posts that you shared, are those suppose to make me feel rebellious to my country or what? Or to make me support racism? Are the posts teaching me how to hate my dear friends from different backgrounds and races? How could I? Or either, how could you? Haven't you been living among together all this while? Haven't Malaysia been different cultures and colours all these years? How could one be so cold-blooded in a blink? All I know is it has done nothing good to me. And I felt sorry for those who starts to agree with all the racial posts, comment about it and share it in a very disgusted way.


#3. Dear politicians, aren't you suppose to be helping the people instead of making mocking and racist statements? Rationing, education, poverty, medical and health, living expenses, economy's growth... All these are under your care. Malaysians count on you to make it better. Yet you and yes most of you, with the title and position, abuse all the power that you have to hurt Malaysian's heart. All I know is I've been very disappointed to all of the current politicians as I read the papers, watch the news and follow their Facebook updates regardless which party are they from.

Where would I go if you kick me out of my country? I bet China won't be accepting me since they're already pack. Besides, I don't have any martial art talent or a superbrain that can invent extraordinary inventions. And as far as I'm concerned, I've only heard of the great tsunami but not Chinese tsunami so I assume it's much awesome than the first one.

Which part of Malaysia will actually be Malaysia again if you kick everybody out of here? Seriously, Malaysia will be truly Asia with all us gone? 'Cause for all I know you'll be kicking all the wanton soup, char kuey teow, chapati, naan etc all away. And would you be kicking angmoh people too? Then you'll have no Nando's, TGIF, Fish & Co., red velvet cakes. And all you have left is what, nasi lemak, lemang and hang tuah? What about public holidays? Are you going to take away the Chinese New Year, Deepavali, Wesak, Thaipusam, Christmas holidays just because we don't belong here?

This is, for sure, not the Malaysia that I've been living in, or any other tourists that came for a visit. We have our unique culture, remember? The one that the world used to talk about - different cultures in one, instead of ridiculous bomoh or insulting statements?



#4. All I know is it didn't matter who I voted or who we will vote in future. What matters to me is,

Are these people going to serve the country and help fellow Malaysians?

Or are they just being voted to curse and mock and throw responsibilities to each other? Do the politicians truly understand the help that Malaysian had been screaming, the need that Malaysian had been yelling? Is it really more important to win a debate than to lend a hand to the Malaysians in need right at this second? Don't they get the saying that "It takes two to argue but only one to stop?"


#5. I'm not sure if my colleagues at work or friends I've met secretly hate me due to massive brainwash by all the negative, racist, evil posts but how much can I care for? All I know is I dislike the situation I'm seeing now, happening at my own country - Malaysia. 


#6. I went to a government primary school, a mission secondary school, moved on to a government school for my STPM and currently working at a government-private hospital. So basically I don't hang around with only Chinese community. The people whom I grew up with (?), they never tell me to stay away from them. I've had sleepovers at my "Malay" friend's house and painted my "Indian" friend nails. So what. Am I going to be hanged for doing that?

All I know is back where I grew up, we were all the same. We ate lunch together, changed clothes (only girls) together, gossiped together, practised netball together and studied together. Sometimes, we would talk about the "Misteri Nusantara" tv show or how ugly my Math's teacher's brows or how eerie the Pengajian Am's teacher's dandruff tangling around her hair.

I still do keep in touch with them regardless their races and religions. Why would I be bothered by that anyway? I was never being taught to hate other skin colour or to tease them. I was never told to despise their religion ever. I really have no idea where did it came from. All the posts that people write and share is so very depressing and it just saddens me to see the changes happened in Malaysia.



#7. I may not be the most patriotic person in the country nor I contributed anything at all (besides my laziness LOL). I mumbled my weekly Rukun Negara principles in school and sang the incomplete Negaraku  but all I know is that I've practiced every word in it and I will always do. There is not a way that those posts that you shared will change my view on my people and I hope all of you will do the same too. All I know is I am born in an environment where there are:-

Different races of friends,
Different types of religions,
Different types of skin colour,
But all united together.


Malaysia was so beautiful and homey to me. I don't know since when it started to change. I don't know where is it heading to.

But I've told you what I knew. :(





michellesnoopy