michellesnoopy Instagram

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beauty Issue #3 - Oil Seed Removal






Hola!

A lot of people didn't realise I have a major problem - Oil Seeds aka Milia Seeds

What is Oil/ Milia Seeds?

When the skin cells are not completely shed, keratin builds up beneath the epidermis forming a wall that is one to three millimetres in diameter. The rounded bump is referred to as milium (plural, milia) and often appears arounds the eyes and cheeks as raised white bumps that are sometimes mistaken for white heads" - Mediviron UOA Clinic


I DON'T apply sunscreen on my face (maybe once in a blue moon) or heavy make ups but yet I do get oil seeds. Where from?

Huh...

Wait for it
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
HIGH CHOLESTEROL!!!!!!!!!

Yes it's true. And I know it's rare but that's the most rational reason as I don't apply make ups (foundation/creams) on my face. Besides, I only have it mostly on my NECK (yes, neck)and near to my outer corner of my face. I do have high cholesterol and so does my family members. So I'm assuming my case is genetic. The beautician actually told me it's very common for girls to have oil seeds. So.... I'm not sure if I should be comforted by her words :/

It hasn't been bothering me for the past few years but it started to, this year. I heard laser would kill these nasty oil seeds (happy!) once and for all but it comes with a cost too (sad!). But then I gave it a try two weeks ago at a beauty salon and I love the result!!!

You can notice the black dots one the first few days are actually burnt oil seeds due to the laser treatment and it just fell off few days after! Just like that! Hahahahaa.. Sounds dodgy (wtm) but it's really the case. I was worried if it would leave any scaring but from the last picture, I can say.. So far so perfect! Like I never had those nasty seeds ever! I'm a happy girl for now!

Hehehe! I kinda regretted for not signing up on a package cause they had quite interesting offer but... Oh well, next time okay? I'm definitely not done with these oil seeds.. Especially my neck area! Uuurghh!

Back soon!




michellesnoopy