michellesnoopy Instagram

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

How 2014 Ends

Holla!!

For those who doesn't know, I'm from Sabah - Borneo of Malaysia. I've been living in KL for 3 years now (approx. 4). Feels like forever. People do ask if I ever go back to Sabah for good. Well... I don't think so (but I'll keep my options open).

My life have been a so-called-roller-coaster life. So much had happen that I sometimes just can't figure out how did I manage myself being in Kuala Lumpur for this long. Without relatives or family with me.

But I'll share what Kuala Lumpur has taught me within these few years. Hands up if you feel the same way too, okay? Okay.





#1. Kuala Lumpur is crazy.

I'm not sure how crazy are you staying in this huge city despite all the politics, rallies, rapes, kidnappings, road bullies but I WENT BANANAS! When I first got my car back in 2012, I tell myself I'll drive as nice as possible, just be normal. Geez, if only all drivers are Jesus! I've never been feeling as good as shyt when I honk at reckless drivers or swear at them as if they can hear every single beeped word I shouted out. LOLL! That poor motorbike guy. Okay now I'll apologize. 

I thank God and people who have been praying for my safety in KL. It may sound easy but especially for my parents, I know that they are constantly worried about me being alone here. My dad would call and said he read in the news that some dude fell into a pit hole in Germany or tsunami in Thailand and tells me to be careful. Oh my... I didn't know I'm all over the world. But yeah, I'm taking every precautions to keep myself safe too. Even when I forgot to lock my car, I'll double check if there's any crazy dude hiding in my boot. XD

And I don't even want to get started with the food here!





#2. Kuala Lumpur taught me to be a lone ranger.

Regardless you have a car accident or a car breakdown or you're too dead to see a doctor, at the end of they day, you are THE ONLY ONE who could rise up and move on with your life. You may get sympathy from people but there's no help given of you don't help yourself at the first place.

KL is so selfish that I learnt to rather scratch my own scars than to have people scarring it even deeper than it already is. From simple things e.g. picking furnitures to picking clothes in H&M to getting workloads done at work or asking help from people. All by your own decisions.

The reason is, people will always say the good things about you, things that you want to hear. But the ugly truth is never known until you reflect on your freaking life by the end of the year and say F*CK.


P E O P L E  A R E   J U S T  T H A T  C O M P L I C A T E D .







#3. Kuala Lumpur changes your appearance.

It's funny but yet it's really true. Haha! All my life, I have been a loose-tee-boot-cut-jeans kinda girl. I've never been bothered to dress for occasions or to pick a casual wear for an hour. Meh. But staying in KL...*pergh* Everything IS about appearance! I learnt to be more alert on fashion styles, upcoming season's collection, looking at people's weird outfit (and laughs at my owns). Sephora, ZARA, H&M, Benefits, Burberry, Prada sounds so good to my ears.

But so far my life changing appearance queen goes to my BRACES. Haha! It changes my look a lot. But still look like a man (blame my dad for giving me such huge nose)

If I've been in Sabah now, I wouldn't be good to myself. I wouldn't get the quote of "treating yourself better". I'd still be the same ol' kampung girl living a dull life.



(But you will be lucky to have a couple of friends who are willing to go through all these sh*t with you. And I'm glad I do have!)




michellesnoopy


No comments: